Join The Council
We are looking for volunteers to serve on our Community Advisory Council!
- Are you interested in addressing the health care needs of Oregon Health Plan (OHP) members and the broader community?
- Are you, or have you ever been, an OHP member?
- Are you excited about working with people of diverse perspectives and experiences to advance health equity and center member voice?
Join our Community Advisory Council!
Health Share’s Community Advisory Council was formed in 2012 to ensure the health needs of consumers and the community are addressed. Over the past year, the Council has worked to identify lessons learned over the past five years and share recommendations to improve the structures, policies, and operations of the Council and create a plan forward.
Health Share strives to have a Community Advisory Council that reflects our membership. We prioritize applicants who have the lived experience of being an OHP member. Health Share seeks individuals who can represent the geographic and demographic diversity of our members and are committed to health equity, racial, social, and environmental justice, diversity and inclusion.
Health Share is now recruiting volunteers for our Council. The Council’s main purpose is to:
- Oversee the development of the Community Health Needs Assessment and the corresponding Community Health Improvement Plan
- Serve as a liaison between members and Health Share
- Increase consumer and community engagement strategies at Health Share
- Provide feedback on Health Share initiatives and strategies
How to Apply
Health Share is now accepting applications through Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
Step 1: Complete the application
Step 2: Submit your completed application
Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, mail it to 2121 SW Broadway, Suite 200, Portland, Oregon 97201 (attn: Rebecca Naga)
Step 3: If you have been selected for an interview, you will receive an email or phone call by June 9
Interviews will be held the week of June 12.
Step 4: A day long orientation will be held for all Council members in June
Please hold the following dates on your calendar, we will choose just one for the full day orientation: June 21 or June 30.
- All members are expected to attend the monthly Council meetings and spend an additional 2-3 hours outside of the meetings carrying out Council-related duties including engaging members.
- Health Share supports consumer engagement on the Council by providing dinner, childcare, interpretation, and a stipend.
Health Share is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for any disability that may interfere with a person’s ability to actively participate in this process. Please email email@example.com or call 503-416-4964 for an accommodations request.
Thank you for being interested in helping Health Share improve the health of the community. We need people who are willing to use their voice to make a difference.