Health Share of Oregon is partnering with Kimberly Porter Consulting and Brithingway College of Midwifery to offer a complete course specifically for doulas of color.
This six-month workshop series includes sessions to teach the fundamentals for creating a complete, individualized, and sustainable doula business.
- Culturally-specific focus on three communities of color (African-American/Black, Native American/Indigenous, Latina/Latinx)
- Completed a doula training
- Plans to practice as a Labor/Birth Doula, Postpartum Doula or Full Circle/Spectrum Doula
- Click here for the online application soon. (You will automatically be asked to make a copy in order to fill out the application.)
- Submit your completed application packet to kimberlyporterconsulting at gmail.com.
- The trainers will review the application and make a decision to interview the applicant.
- The applicant will be notified shortly thereafter if they have been accepted.
Students receive individualized mentorship, peer support and feedback. Students will complete and create essential pieces for starting and successfully running their own unique doula business, including:
- Complete business plan
- Professional website
- Contract and policies
- Budgeting, accounting and tax acuity
- Business registry and ID
- THW doula registry information and support
- Liability insurance
- Complete marketing plan
This workshop is valued at $1,800, but for this sponsored course, the cost to students will be $200.
We are recruiting 20 candidates for this workshop. Two cohorts will be chosen.