Identity Protection

Identity Protection

What happened

On January 2, 2020, Health Share was informed that the personal information of its members was located on a computer that was stolen from GridWorks. GridWorks is Health Share’s non-emergent medical transportation (Ride to Care) vendor. The break-in and theft occurred on November 18, 2019.

The personal information located on the computer included names, addresses, phone numbers, dates of birth, social security numbers, and Health Share ID numbers. Members’ personal health histories were not exposed.

What we're doing

Though the theft took place at an external vendor, we take our members’ privacy and security very seriously. Therefore, we are ensuring that members, partners, regulators, and the community are made fully aware of this issue.

In response to this incident, Health Share is expanding annual audits with its contractors, enhancing training policies, and ensuring that all transmission of patient information is kept to the minimum necessary to perform required duties.

On February 5, 2020, Health Share mailed a letter to all members whose information was on the computer. The letter will include an offer of one year of free identity monitoring services, including:

  • Credit monitoring
  • Fraud consultation
  • Identity theft restoration

We do not know if the person(s) who took the computer found or used members’ information. However, we strongly urge members who receive a letter about this incident to take advantage of the below services.

A dedicated, toll-free call center is available for questions and concerns:

8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Monday - Friday (except national holidays)

Other ways to protect your personal information

Free Credit Monitoring and Restoration Services

To help protect your information and identity, we are giving you a year of free services. Your services include Credit Monitoring, Fraud Consultation, and Identity Theft Restoration. If you need help signing up, call 503-416-8090, or toll-free at 888-519-3845 (TTY/TDD 711), Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm (except on national holidays).

Monitor Financial Statements

Please monitor your financial statements carefully. If you see any unauthorized or suspicious activity, contact your bank, credit union, or credit card company right away.

Monitor Credit Reports

You can get one free credit report each year from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit report, visit or call 1-877-322-8228 (toll-free). You can also contact the three major credit bureaus directly to ask for a free copy of your credit report.

Place “Fraud Alert” or “Security Freeze” on Your Credit File

You can place a “fraud alert” on your credit file for free. A fraud alert requires a business to take certain steps to confirm your identity before they give you new credit. A fraud alert lasts for one year.

You can also put a “security freeze” on your credit file for free. With a security freeze, businesses cannot put information in your credit report without your approval. It is designed to stop any credit, loans, or other services from being approved in your name without your approval.

NOTE: Using a security freeze to take control over who gets access to the personal and financial information in your credit report may delay, interfere with, or prevent the timely approval of any requests or applications you make for a new loan, credit, mortgage, or any other account involving the extension of credit. 

To place a fraud alert or security freeze on your credit file, please contact the major consumer reporting agencies:

P.O. Box 9554
Allen, TX 75013
Security Freeze
Fraud Alert

P.O. Box 160
Woodlyn, PA 19094
Security Freeze
Fraud Alert

P.O. Box 105788
Atlanta, GA 30348-5788
Security Freeze or Fraud Alert

To request a security freeze, you will need to provide the following information:

  1. Your full name (including middle initial as well as Jr., Sr., II, III, etc.)
  2. Social Security number
  3. Date of birth
  4. If you have moved in the past five (5) years, provide the addresses where you have lived over the prior five years
  5. Proof of current address, such as a current utility bill or telephone bill
  6. A legible photocopy of a government-issued identification card (state driver’s license or ID card, military identification, etc.)
  7. If you are a victim of identity theft, include a copy of either the police report, investigative report, or complaint to a law enforcement agency concerning identity theft

Learn more

To learn more about identity theft, fraud alerts, security freezes, and the steps you can take to protect yourself, contact the consumer reporting agencies, the Federal Trade Commission, or Oregon’s Attorney General. 

Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20580
1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338)
 TTY: 1-866-653-4261.

If you learn that your information has been misused, please file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. You should also file a police report if you ever experience identity theft or fraud. To file a report with law enforcement for identity theft, you will likely need to provide some proof that you have been a victim. You should also report any known or suspected identity theft to Oregon’s Attorney General. This notice has not been delayed by law enforcement.